Sunday, January 25, 2004

Golf

I went and played golf today with a friend from work. I just started playing golf a few months ago. I basically suck pretty bad, but this time I was able to hit the flag from the tee with one shot on about a 125 yard hole. Unfortunately the ball didn't go in the hole, and I missed the put, so I only did a par on that hole. I did get a birdie on an earlier par-3 hole though. I think it was my first one. Basically it was a pretty easy course over all.

My reasons for getting into golf are pretty complicated. First of all, my wife has a friend whose husband is a golf pro. He somehow convinced my son that he would be good at golf, so then my son got interested in it. I'm always trying to find things that my son and I can do together, so that was pretty good motivation. Also, my wife and her friend would probably like us husbands to have more stuff in common, so my wife had mentioned a few times that our neighbor could give me and my son lessons. Finally, my dad, and several of my brothers-in-law, golf, so it would give me something to do with them. I didn't really like it that much when I started, but I'm starting to get good enough to enjoy it a little. I'm still not very good, but at least I no longer feel like a complete doof while I'm out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home